Forget a boring Valentine’s Day this year! If you’re in the Tampa, Florida area, check out these unique offerings to have a memorable day on Valentine’s Day – or any date night!
- Calling all lovebirds to Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo for the Wild at Heart event on Feb. 14 & 15 from 6:30-10 p.m. Adults (ages 21 and up) are invited to a one-of-a-kind celebration with cocktails under the stars, delectable dinner, romantic settings, up-close animal encounters and tales of love in the animal kingdom. Tickets are $75 per person and reservations are required.
- Peruse the tokens of affection at the Henry B. Plant Museum, featuring a collection of antique Valentines from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Samples of this treasured paper ephemera will be on display from Feb. 1-28. In addition, more than 200 Valentines from a private collection, including pictures of children and cherubs, cupids and arrows, forget-me-nots, and more – all intertwined with sentimental messages – will also be presented.
- Experience the romantic charm of Tampa Bay aboard the Yacht Starship for a Valentine’s Day lunch or dinner cruise. The two-hour lunch cruise departs at noon, while the evening cruises leave at 7 and 7:30 (VIP). All feature an unforgettable prix-fixe menu and spectacular views, with DJ entertainment and other amenities on the evening excursions.
- Celebrate love at the Saddlebrook Resort with the Valentine’s Sweetheart Special, which includes overnight accommodations with early check-in and late check-out, bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries upon arrival, continental breakfast in bed for two, spa and golf specials and more. The package starts at $99 per person per night.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset against the Tampa Bay skyline as you explore the open waters of the Hillsborough River with a two-hour couple’s Stand Up Paddle Board lesson with Urban Kai for $98 (regularly priced at $138).
- Take your love to new heights at Florida’s largest jump center, Boing Jump Center, where couples buy one hour, get one hour free during open jump times on Valentine’s Day.
- Parents can enjoy a relaxing Valentine’s Day night out while the kids have fun at AirHeads Trampoline Arena. Drop-off begins at 5:45 p.m. and is $12.95 for the first child and $9.95 per additional.
For more information on what to see and do in Tampa Bay, Fla., go to VisitTampaBay.com, or follow on Facebook (Visit Tampa Bay), Pinterest (Visit Tampa Bay), Twitter (@VisitTampaBay) and other social sites.