Om nom nom nom! Me want Cookie! If you know those quotes, then you love Cookie Monster! Which is why you’ll love to make these Cookie Monster Cake Popsicles!
C is for Cookie!
Cookie Monster, the lovable blue character on Sesame Street, absolutely loves chocolate chip cookies. We took a new spin on Cookie Monster’s favorite snack with these Cookie Monster Cake Popsicles.
They combine the taste of chocolate chip cookies with a unique shape of cake on a stick. And how adorable are they with Cookie Monster eating a chocolate chip cookie?
These fun snacks combine cake, cookies and sweet icing! You’ll love them!
PLUS, it’s fun to recreate the crazy, fuzzy blue fur of Cookie Monster with these cake pops. The blue-tinted icing makes a fun dessert that is perfect for a Cookie Monster party!
Cookie Monster Cake Popsicles
We have put the entire recipe for Cookie Monster Cake Popsicles on the recipe card below. It’s easy to print it out and keep for later.
You will want to Pin this recipe, too, to keep on hand and to share with friends!
A unique twist on Cookie Monster Cake Pops! This chocolate chip cake on a stick looks like the Sesame Street character is actually eating a yummy cookie! Om nom nom nom!
- 1 white cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
- Package of Betty Crocker Chocolate chip cookie mix (Make into small cookies)
- 1 package of White chocolate Almond Bark
- Aqua blue food coloring gel
- 1 cup of vegetable shortening
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 LBS (pounds) of powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of milk
- Candy Eyes
- Electric mixer
- Cakesicle molds (they come with popsicle sticks for the molds)
- Pastry bag
- Frosting tip
- 9 X 13 dish
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Start by making the cake; follow the package directions for ingredients and mixing the cake.
- Place parchment paper in the bottom of the 9 X 13 dish, and pour the cake batter into the dish, and bake as directed. When the cake is done, cool completely.
- Make the cookies; follow the directions on the package, and make the cookies small for the mouth decorations. Cool the cookies.
- While the cake is cooling, mix the frosting; In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, blend the vegetable shortening and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, alternating with the milk, and blending between additions, until the frosting is thick and creamy.
- Add blue food coloring gel until desired color is achieved. Cover, and place frosting in the refrigerator until time to decorate the cake popsicles.
- When the cake is cool, break the cake up into crumbs, right into the dish you baked it in, and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the cake.
- Add the frosting to the cake, a 1/2 cup at a time, until you have equal amounts of cake and frosting, and a creamy ball of cake. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 8 squares of the White Chocolate almond bark in the microwave on 10 second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from microwave, and add the aqua gel food coloring until you have the desired color of aqua blue.
- With a spoon, place a heaping tablespoon of the blue chocolate into each of the cake popsicle molds, and turn the molds back and forth, coating the inside of the molds with the blue chocolate.
- Follow the guides at the bottom of the cakesicle mold, and insert the popsicle sticks into the mold, and onto the blue chocolate.
- Place the mold into the freezer, and allow the chocolate to set (about an hour).
- Press the cake mixture into the cake popsicle molds until the molds are full of cake, and level with the sides of the molds.
- Place a generous amount of the blue chocolate over the cake, sealing the cake-sicles in the molds.
- Place the molds back in the freezer and allow them to remain in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best results. When you're ready to decorate the cakesicles; remove the cakesicles from the molds, and set aside.
- Place the frosting tip in the pastry bag, and place the blue frosting in the bag. Squeeze the frosting onto the top of the cakesicles in quick short bursts, until the cakesicle is covered with the frosting (see photos).
- Add eyes, and place half of a mini chocolate chip cookie for the mouth.
Cakesicles can be served immediately. If not serving until later, place the cakesicles in a single layer, and place in the refrigerator until time to serve.
More Fun Dessert Recipes
We loved themed desserts! They are great for birthday parties and after-school snacks.
And these Lego cupcakes have edible Legos!