Disney churros are one of the most popular snacks at Walt Disney World and Disneyland! It’s not hard to understand why! They are crunchy and sweet at the same time. Plus, you can dip them in chocolate sauce which is so good!!!
If you’re at home and craving Disney churros, you are in luck! Make these theme park snacks at home with this copycat Disney churros recipe.
This recipe is from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook. Along with The Unofficial Disney Parks Drinks Book and The Unofficial Disney Parks Epcot Cookbook, these are seriously some of the best Disney cookbooks that we’ve seen. The hard-covered cookbooks are swoon-worthy and gorgeous. Plus, the recipes are super simple to make. If you haven’t seen any of these Disney recipe books, make sure that you get one!
Disney Churro Recipe
Excerpted from The Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook by Ashley Craft. Copyright © 2020 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photography by Harper Point Photography. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
YIELDS 6 CHURROS
- 1 cup room-temperature water
- 3 tablespoons plus 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 4 cups vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line an ungreased baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add water, 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, and 3 tablespoons oil. Stir until mixture reaches a boil, about 4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add flour and stir until combined.
- Scoop dough into a large piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Let dough cool until you are able to hold the bag comfortably, about 10 minutes.
- Pipe dough into 6″ lines onto prepared baking sheet. Place sheet into freezer to set 1 hour.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, add remaining 4 cups oil. It should measure to a depth of about 3″. Heat until oil reaches 375°F. Line a large plate with paper towels and set aside.
- In a medium shallow bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Carefully slide one Churro into hot oil. Flip while frying until golden brown, about 2 minutes total.
- Remove from oil with tongs and place in bowl with sugar- cinnamon mixture. Turn to coat Churro thoroughly, and transfer to lined plate to cool. Repeat with remaining Churros.
If you like this copycat Disney churro recipe, be sure to see our other Disney Parks inspired recipes:
- Disneyland Virgin Mint Julep Recipe
- Halloween Mickey Mouse Rice Krispy Treats
- Kungaloosh from Jungle Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom