If there’s anything better than going to Walt Disney World it might be saving a ton of money at the Dollar Tree. Right? Which is why we are so excited to share this Disney Dollar Store DIY project with you to make the cutest storage jars.
We love these Mickey and Minnie storage jars because they are:
- Easy to Make
- Super colorful
- Can store anything, from loose change for your upcoming Disney vacation to art and craft supplies
These Disney storage containers are great for both kids and adults. Since they are so cheap and easy to make, consider making a lot of them (all with different Disney characters, of course)!
For kids, consider using these Disney canisters for:
- Craft supplies
- Desk supplies (rubber bands, etc)
- Change and money they are saving as an allowance
For adults, consider using these Disney Dollar Store DIY jars for:
- Cotton balls
- Cotton swabs
- Office supplies (paper clips, etc.)
Be sure to check out our DIY Mickey Mouse coasters using Dollar Tree supplies, too!
How to Make Mickey and Minnie Storage Jars
All of these Disney DIY craft supplies were bought at The Dollar Tree.
Look for the Mickey and Minnie figurines in the toy section. The plastic jars can be found either in the decor aisle (where the arts and crafts supplies are) or in the kitchen section.
The paint, ribbon and glue will be found in the craft aisle.
- 2 plastic jars
- Small Mickey and Minnie figurines (you can also find them online)
- White paint
1. Remove the lids from the jars and paint with white paint.
2. When the paint is dry, tie a ribbon around each lid. You can secure it in place with glue, either by gluing around the entire lid, or just a drop or two underneath the bow.
3. Place glue on the bottom of the feet of the Mickey and Minnie figurines and attach them to the top of each lid. Hold them down with some pressure for a minute or two to allow the glue to really stick. If you decide to use a hot glue, make sure the heat won’t melt the lid.
More Disney DIY
It’s so much fun to make simple crafts with Disney characters, don’t you agree?
Here’s some more easy Disney DIY crafts: