One of our favorite festivals is the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. We were at the very first Festival of the Arts and knew instantly that it was special. Fast forward two years and the festival has grown wildly popular for good reason!
What is Epcot International Festival of the Arts?
Epcot’s International Festival of the Arts is very similar in concept. However, the focus for Festival of the Arts is a celebration of:
- Visual Arts
- Culinary Arts
- Performing Arts
You’ll find workshops, seminars and interactive experiences for the arts throughout the theme park.
As with other Epcot festivals, there will be unique and limited time food and drink options for sale throughout the park.
Specialty merchandise will also be available.
When is Epcot International Festival of the Arts?
The Epcot Festival of the Arts 2019 dates are January 18 – February 25, 2019.
What Can You Do at Epcot International Festival of the Arts?
There’s so much to see, do and eat at the Festival of the Arts, in addition to everything that Epcot has to offer! Here are some of the highlights of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts:
Disney On Broadway Performers
New this year, the Disney on Broadway Concert Series expands to seven days a week. Each week, different pairs of Disney on Broadway stars will perform at the America Gardens Theatre stage to sing favorite songs from award-winning Disney on Broadway productions. The lineup will rotate regularly, featuring music from shows such as “The Lion King,” “Frozen” and “Beauty and the Beast.” Performers in 2019 include:
- Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”) and Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
The concert series is included with park admission; showtimes are 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. nightly.
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package is available at participating Epcot restaurants and guarantees show seating. Reservations can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Food at Epcot’s Festival of the Arts
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will feature 13 Food Studios, plus additional creative food and beverage offerings around Epcot:
- The Artist’s Table will feature beef wellington with mushroom bordelaise, fennel cream and roasted baby vegetables (So delicious! Loved the fluffy pastry wrapped around the beef.)
- Smoked salmon and cream gâteau with egg yolk cream, paddlefish caviar and micro-herbs is sure to be a new favorite at The Painter’s Palate (We tried this one and it’s amazing! Very dense but delicious!)
- Pop Eats! will serve up almond frangipane cake with raspberry and chocolate
- Red wine-braised short rib with parsnip purée, broccolini, baby tomatoes and aged balsamic will be available at Cuisine Classique
See Disney Artists
Over 100 artists are featured throughout Epcot. The varied artwork is from both Disney cast members and visiting artists.
Learn how to draw Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse or other Disney characters!
This is a fun interactive experience with a professional Disney artist. The best part? You get to take home your masterpiece as a souvenir 🙂
Step Into Famous Paintings
You can become a part of some famous pieces of artwork!
Get your picture taken with these famous art pieces in World Showcase:
- France Pavilion: Luncheon of the Boating Party by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- The American Adventure Pavilion: Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze
- Italy Pavilion: The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli, Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci and The Scream by Edvard Munch
- Mexico Pavilion: An homage to Frida Kahlo
More Festival of the Arts Fun
There so much going on for Festival of the Arts! Here’s even more ways to enjoy the visual, culinary and performing arts:
- Grab a paintbrush and help create a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- The Paint with a Disney Artist program invites guests to learn under the tutelage of a professional (offered select Fridays and Sundays, including continental breakfast, for an additional fee).
- A variety of workshops led by professionals will teach different artistic techniques, such as floral design, ink and paint, mixed-media art and more (offered Friday-Monday for an additional fee). As a memento of what they learned, guests will take their creations home with them.
- Complimentary 30-minute seminars will give guests helpful instruction for producing their own artwork at home.
- More than 50 visiting artists participating in the festival will be available to meet with guests and share insights on their work.
- Gravity-defying feats of strength, acrobatics and many performing artists are scheduled throughout the festival.
- International musical and variety acts will share their talents with guests, including the return of Bodh’aktan to the Canada stage and Delta Q, a new group performing in Germany.
- Guests can join in the fun of Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt by purchasing a map at select merchandise locations.
Epcot International Festival of the Arts Merchandise
There is some limited edition Epcot International Festival of the Arts merchandise that make great Disney souvenirs. These colorful pieces focus on bright colors. Figment makes an appearance on a lot of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts merchandise.
If you’re not familiar with Figment, he is a beloved Disney character that is a purple dragon from the Epcot attraction Journey Into Imagination with Figment.
See the Epcot International Festival of the Arts Merchandise in our video highlighting some of the best new items:
Check out some highlights and food from the 2018 Festival of the Arts.
More Disney Tips
Love great Walt Disney World tips and tricks? Make your Disney vacation more stress-free with these helpful articles:
- Best Tips for Disney World Transportation
- Ultimate Guide to Using MagicBands at Disney World
- The Very Best Water Bottles for Disney World
- Best Shoes for Walt Disney World (Womens, Mens and Kids)
- Best Tips for Toy Story Land
- 10 Things You Can’t Bring Into Disney Theme Parks
- Disney World Costume and Clothing Rules
- Disney Early Morning Magic Review