These Lion King-inspired lion paw Rice Krispies treats are easy to make, yet look like you’re an expert baker! And who doesn’t want that when you’re wowing a crowd at a party or making lunch box treats?
Lion King Snacks
With the release of the new The Lion King live action film, everyone wants to celebrate with Lion-themed snacks and treats.
We love this Lion King-inspired pancake that uses simple ingredients to create a lion’s mane. Perfect for impressing your kids in the morning!
These lion paw Rice Krispies treats are also just as simple to make, but look amazing!
Using a classic Rice Krispies recipe, these lion paw treats are perfect for adding to your kid’s lunchbox for school. Or a Lion King themed party.
Why not try making a batch and catching up on the old classic The Lion King films at home, too?
Whatever way you want to celebrate, these no bake treats are certain to be an easy way to enjoy the celebration of The Lion King.
Lion Paw Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 6 cups cocoa crispy rice cereal
- 2 (10 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- Mini chocolate chip morsels
- Milk chocolate chip morsels
- Paw print cookie cutters (one large and one small, like in this set)
- Toothpicks (for placing mini chocolate chips), optional
- Waxed paper
- Make two batches of rice krispie treats, one with regular crispy cereal and the other with cocoa crispy cereal.
To make rice krispies:
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Use larger paw print cookie cutter to cut treats from the regular krispie treats. Reshape the remaining cereal in your baking pan until all is used.
- Use smaller paw print cookie cutter to cut treats from the cocoa krispie treats.
- Next, use the cookie cutter to remove the middle from the regular krispie treat.
- Push the cocoa krispie treat into the middle of the regular krispie treat.
- Press mini chocolate chips into the claws of the smaller paw print.
- Press milk chocolate chips into the pad of the cocoa krispie treat and into the claws of the regular krispie treat.
- Store in an airtight container. Best within 2 days.