Who doesn’t love a s’more? This ooey gooey dessert is perfect around a campfire. But what if you’re not camping or don’t want to have a messy treat? Then these decadent pretzel smores bites are perfect for you!
Portable Camping Food
Pretzel smores bites give you the taste of your campfire memories without having to clean up messy hands from sticky, melted marshmallows. Or create a campfire.
These snacks combine all of the classic s’mores ingredients – chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows – with one delicious surprise ingredient. Pretzels! If you’ve never had pretzels in a s’more before, you don’t know how the crunchy, salty flavor actually makes a s’more taste even better. (If that was possible…)
They are a perfect treat for backyard camping, or enjoying a blanket fort in your living room. And they make a great snack for a road trip wherever you may go.
If you’re longing for the days of being out in nature in a National Park, state campground or a private piece of land where your family sets up a tent off the grid, then you’ll want to make a batch of these pretzel s’mores bites right now!
Pretzel S’mores Bites Recipe
- 1 cups pretzels, broken into little pieces
- 1 ¼ cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Take a sheet of wax paper and cut out squares that are large enough to line each section of a muffin tin – set aside.
- Place your pretzel pieces in a bowl. Using the double boiler method, melt 1 cup of your chocolate chips. Remove from heat and pour into your bowl of pretzels and fold.
- In clumps, place coated pretzels at the bottom of each section of the muffin tin. This will act as your s’more base.
- Let the chocolate-covered pretzels sit in the fridge for about an hour or until set.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together your graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Pat down on a small pan and bake in oven for about 8 minutes.
- Remove pretzel base from refrigerator and take each one out of muffin tin.
- Melt the remaining ¼ cup of your chocolate. Spread on top of each pretzel base and sprinkle about ½ – 1 tbsp of your graham cracker crumbs. Top with marshmallows and enjoy!
More Camping and Road Trip Recipes
Looking for more delicious foods to enjoy while outdoors? Or while traveling?
Check out these tinfoil packet recipes ideal for grilling on a campfire or grill in the backyard.
And whip up a batch of these amazing southern sweet tea recipes to put in a pretty pitcher or an insulated bottle to enjoy cold all day long.