With the heat of summer, everyone loves the refreshing taste of a frozen summer popsicle! If you are throwing a summer party, this DIY popsicle banner is the perfect addition to your festive decor!
This summer popsicle banner is so cute that anyone can make it. Yep, anyone!
If you can glue things together, you can make this popsicle party banner, LOL!
Display this super cute summer popsicle banner in a variety of ways, including:
- Birthday party
- Ice Cream party
- Fourth of July
- Pool party
- Fireplace mantle
- Living room decor
DIY Summer Popsicle Banner
- Unused cleaning sponges in assorted colors, rectangle
- Large wood craft sticks
- String, yarn, or ribbon of choice
- Hot glue and glue gun
1. Begin by lining up the sponges so you know what pattern you want them to hang in.
2. Add a dab of glue to the back of each sponge, in the same spot, so the wood craft stick will hang evenly.
3. Press the wood craft stick to the glue and hold in place until dry and secure. Repeat, until each of your sponge popsicles has a stick in place.
4. Lay each of the popsicle sponges out in a line so you can be sure when you apply the string for hanging you apply it evenly.
5. Add a dab of glue to the top/backside of the sponge popsicles and press the string/yarn of choice to it. Hold in place until secure.
6. Repeat until you have glued string to all of the popsicles. Allow to dry. Cut off any additional string you don’t need.
7. You can now lift the banner and display. Hang it from an entryway, doorway, or even fireplace mantel to add some fun summer color!
More Summer DIY Projects
Celebrate all things fun in the summer with these simple DIY projects.
These sunshine cookies are perfect for picnics and summertime snacks.
Serve up easy Milk and Cookie popsicles while enjoying this cute popsicle party banner!