The Golden Snitch is the most sought-after ball in the Harry Potter game of Quidditch. After all, who wouldn’t want to be able to catch the small ball and win the game immediately?
If you love all things Harry Potter, you probably have a love for the Golden Snitch. Which is why this Harry Potter DIY to make a beautiful Golden Snitch necklace is so much fun.
All Things Harry Potter
Living in Orlando, we are surrounded by all things Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort. In fact, we can see the back of Harry Potter lands at Universal Orlando driving home. How cool is that?
You don’t have to be visiting the lands of Harry Potter, though, to show the world that you are a proud Potterhead!
But if you do visit Harry Potter world, check out our Ultimate Guide to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for helpful tips and tricks!
You might also like our Guide to Harry Potter Spells on iPhone Using Siri.
This Golden Snitch DIY craft tutorial uses simple materials you can buy online or in a craft store to create a Golden Snitch.
Harry Potter DIY: Golden Snitch Necklace
- 1 small ½ dime sized-ball orange polymer clay
- 1 small ½ dime sized-ball yellow polymer clay
- A small ½ dime sized-ball white polymer clay
- 1 small ½ dime sized-ball white glitter polymer clay
- Gold glitter
- 2 eye pins (1 inch)
- 2 jump rings
- Small necklace chain
- Clay glaze
- Plier and wire cutters
- Wax Paper
1. Combine the orange and yellow polymer clay.
3. Roll this ball in the gold glitter. Set aside.
4. Combine white and off-white polymer clay.
5. Break the combined white clay into two equal portions.
6. Roll one combined white clay portion into a skinny tube.
7. Flatten skinny tube into a wing shape about 2-inches long and ½ inch wide, pointy on one end and rounded on the other.
8. Copy the same wing shape using the second combined white clay portion.
9. Using the spoon, mark the surface of each wing with thing “feathers”.
10. Flip the wings and mark the other side with feathers.
11. Attach the wings to each side of the gold ball.
12. Slide one eye pin into each wing end. Insert all of the way until just the round eye shows.
Be careful that the eye pin is entirely in the clay and not poking through the back.
13. Seal the snitch according to package instructions with the clay glaze. (Our instructions were to place the snitch into the oven on wax paper for 30 minutes.)
14. Remove from the oven and allow snitch to cool completely.
15. Attach a jump ring to each eye pin ring.
16. Attach necklace ends to each jump ring.
More Harry Potter DIY Crafts
Want to make your own chocolate frogs (and save a pretty penny by not buying them already made in a gift shop)? Check out our Harry Potter DIY Chocolate Frogs.
These Harry Potter DIY Craft books are not to be missed, either: Unofficial Guide to Crafting the World of Harry Potter; The Wizards Craftbook; The Unofficial Harry Potter Beauty Potions Book; and The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.