For Harry Potter fans, these Chocolate Frogs are the perfect treat to make for a party or movie night!
If you love Harry Potter, you know about Chocolate Frogs! These candies are what Harry and his friends bought at Honeydukes in the books and movies.
These are great DIY Chocolate Frogs for a Harry Potter party or a movie marathon? (Here are 40 more Harry Potter desserts to make that you’ll love.)
If you’ve been to Universal Orlando and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you know that you can buy those famous Chocolate Frogs at Honeydukes in Hogsmeade and Sugarplum’s Sweet Shop in Diagon Alley.
However, they are so expensive in the theme parks! Why not make them at home? This is an inexpensive recipe that takes just a few minutes to make. I solemnly swear, you can make these!
How Much Are Chocolate Frogs at Harry Potter World?
A chocolate frog in a box is $14. This is the 2023 price.
Many people are stating that the taste of the chocolate frogs is not good anymore. Plus, these chocolate candies melt in the Florida heat pretty fast, which means you can’t easily bring them home as souvenirs.
Related Post: You might also like our Guide to Harry Potter Spells on iPhone Using Siri.
How to Make Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs
You only need two ingredients – and a microwave – to make these chocolate frogs!
And you will need frog molds. We have a list of the best chocolate frog molds below the recipe.
Here’s the super simple recipe:
- Wilton Chocolate Melts
- 1 tablespoon of oil (coconut or vegetable oil works best)
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and a tablespoon of vegetable oil for 45-55 seconds. You can melt in 20-25 second increments, stirring the chocolate in between.
2. Pour the melted chocolate into the frog mold, making sure to evenly fill each mold. You can spray the molds with a non-stick spray (such as PAM) if you’d like first, to ensure that they don’t stick.
The chocolate should be level with the plastic on top, not a mound of chocolate in the mold. Otherwise the frogs won’t lay flat.
3. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to harden the candy.
Best Chocolate Frog Molds
- This official Harry Potter Chocolate Frog Mold comes with 6 boxes and 6 wizard cards, just like you will find at Universal Studios. This mold set is perfect if you want to make chocolate frog souvenirs for a birthday party, or if you want to make the candies to bring with you to the theme park as a treat.
- This simple plastic chocolate frog mold is definitely the least expensive! It is a great price!
- We like this silicone chocolate frog mold, too, because you could use it to bake or to freeze, unlike the other molds. The 2-pack helps you make more frogs all at once.
If you like this recipe for how to make chocolate frogs, you will want to see our other Harry Potter recipes, too!