With the new Christopher Robin movie, we have all seemed to fall in love again with the silly old bear. Winnie the Pooh is a classic Disney character that has made kids and adults happy for decades. Add in the fact that Winnie the Pooh was created in a real-life 100 Acre Woods and it’s easy to see why we all have a soft spot for Pooh Bear. So everyone will love these cute Winnie the Pooh Cupcakes!
It only takes a couple specialty baking ingredients (that you can easily find on Amazon – use the links below) to look like a rock star making these classic Winnie the Pooh cupcakes.
These kid-friendly treats are great for birthday parties, baby showers, bake sales, literary events, Halloween and celebrating the newest Winnie the Pooh movie.
Winnie the Pooh Cupcakes
- 12 of your favorite chocolate cupcakes (we baked them in a red cupcake liner)
- 8 oz. yellow fondant
- Cornstarch for rolling
- Cookie cutter, about 2 inches in diameter
- Bowl of water and a paintbrush
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Black decorating icing
Yields: 12 decorated cupcakes
- Allow your cupcakes to cool completely before decorating. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and dust your working surface with a thin layer of cornstarch. Roll your fondant to be about ¼ of an inch thick and use your cookie cutter to cut out 12 fondant circles.
- Next, roll spheres about one inch in diameter, you’ll need twelve of these. Flatten them out and shape them into ovals.
- Roll 24 smaller spheres and shape them to look like Pooh’s ears (flat and pointed at one end).
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter, icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Use an offset spatula to frost each of your cupcakes.
- Assemble your fondant pieces: place your flat oval in the center of your large fondant circle. You can brush water on back of the oval so that it sticks onto the circle.
- Using Wilton tip #7, draw Pooh’s nose and eyes with black frosting. Switch to Wilton tip #6 and draw on his eyebrows.
- Place Pooh’s face on each cupcake and apply his ears (brush the back of each ear with water to secure it on his face).
Related Disney Food Recipes:
- Incredibles No Bake Treats
- Toy Story Alien Gelatin Cups
- Black Widow No Bake Snack Cakes
- Finding Dory Snack Treats